Hey guys! Already the 3rd day of the year 2016. We hope you are all enjoying the year so far. We were supposed to do this post last year but we both got so busy and figured we might as well do it in 2016. This post is basically about what we’ve learnt about ourselves in 2015.
So, with the passing of the year, here are five things I learnt about myself. I actually grew spiritually, financially, academically, socially, and all these came with their various experiences. Summarizing them all:
- I learnt to be closer to God because he is really the best and the one sure rock.
- I set too many goals and try to achieve all. It’s never the best to have too much on your plate at once. Pick your battles and deal with them one by one. If one is proving too hard, dust yourself up and move to the next.
- I get really sad if I don’t achieve any one of the goals but in retrospect, I should keep going.
- I have learnt to be thankful for the goals I achieve and hopeful for those yet to come.
- I learnt to put a smile on people’s faces not waiting for special occasions. Random acts of kindness are the best and everyone should experience them.
I learnt so much about myself good and bad. Especially emotionally. Oh boy!
- I learnt to give people second chances. I never used to give second chances. You mess up, that’s it! But then I realized everyone makes mistakes abeg. I still don’t think I can give you more than two chances tho. Please, let’s not push this.
- I learnt that I am a lot more emotional than I thought. or maybe this year was just a bit tough.
- My faith in God got stronger and I fully believe and trust him.
- I am still very much impatient and time conscious. I’m definitely going to have to learn to be patient and accept that people are not always going to keep to time or come through when you need them.
- I learnt to appreciate everyone and everything in my life. I listened to a lot of people and their stories and realized that if you think you’re having a bad day/week/month/year, wait till you hear the next person tell you about their life.