Hey friends! Long time no bookish post! I’m sorry I went MIA. I’m still very much reading. I just got really tired of being online. I needed a break from everything. It’s always good to take a step back and relax sometimes. I have been consumed with reality tv shows. I realized I haven’t posted anything bookish for my book lovers since May! So, Let’s catch up shall we?
I’ll start with books I read since July up until now then share some new books that have made an appearance on my shelf since then. This is about to be a long post so grab your cup of tea/glass of wine, sit back and enjoy!
Bookish catch up – July
In July I read 12 books. This was probably my best reading month this year. All 12 books were fiction. 4 of the 12 were advanced copies.
- Saving Ruby King by Catherine West. You can read the review here.
- Mr. Loverman by Bernardine Evaristo. You can read the review is on my Instagram page.
- The wedding date by Jasmine Guillory.
- Joys of motherhood by Buchi Emecheta. You can read the review here.
- The proposal by Jasmine Guillory.
- My favorite girlfriend was a French bulldog by Legna Rodriguez Iglesias.
- The voting booth by Brandy Colbert – Review of this is on my bookstagram.
- Aviara by Omniaboh Othuke – Video review on Instagram .
- Kintu by Jennifer Nansubuga Makumbi – Review on Instagram .
- The death of Vivek Oji by Akwaeke Emezi – Review on Instagram .
- Clap when you land by Elizabeth Acevedo.
- The love square by Laura Jane Williams – review on Instagram .
Bookish catch up – August
I went from reading 12 books in July to reading 2 books in August. You know what? It be like that sometimes!
- Night life by S.J. Hartsfield
- Tomorrow died yesterday by Chimeka Garricks – Book of the month of August for my bookclub. My review of this is on Instagram .
Bookish catch up – September
I sorta got my mojo back! Yay! I read 7 books in September.
- The boyfriend project by Farrah Rochon.
- The first woman by Jennifer Nansubuga Makumbi which is set to be released tomorrow.
- Crown Noble by Bianca Phipps.
- Before I saw you by Emily Houghton.
- On Ajayi Crowther street by Elnathan John ( Book of the month of September)
- You had me at hola by Alexis Daria.
- Dark places by Gillian Flynn.
I won a giveaway!!!
I participated in a Literandra giveaway. With the number of entries, I was almost sure I wasn’t going to win. I was not only shocked to see I won but also pleased at how fast I got the package delivered. Oh, It definitely happened at the right time because it lifted my spirit for the entire week. Here is a photo of the package.
I got a review copy of Windows by Jesutomisin Ipinmoye. It’s on my list for October.
Book of the month of October is Everything good will come by Sefi Atta. It’s available on Scribd. Please join the bookclub to get more updates.
TBR Pile for the rest of the year.
I have set aside some books to read before the year ends. Hopefully, life doesn’t get too crazy. I am a mood reader so I will still be reading books outside this pile.
Now that we’re all caught up with the bookish content, let me know what books you’ve been reading since July!