Hey friends! Long time no bookish post! I’m sorry I went MIA. I’m still very much reading. I just got really tired of being online. I needed a break from everything. It’s always good to take a step back and relax sometimes. I have been consumed with reality tv shows. I realized I haven’t posted anything bookish for my book lovers since May! So, Let’s catch up shall we?
I’ll start with books I read since July up until now then share some new books that have made an appearance on my shelf since then. This is about to be a long post so grab your cup of tea/glass of wine, sit back and enjoy!
Bookish catch up – July
In July I read 12 books. This was probably my best reading month this year. All 12 books were fiction. 4 of the 12 were advanced copies.
- Saving Ruby King by Catherine West. You can read the review here.
- Mr. Loverman by Bernardine Evaristo. You can read the review is on my Instagram page.
- The wedding date by Jasmine Guillory.
- Joys of motherhood by Buchi Emecheta. You can read the review here.
- The proposal by Jasmine Guillory.
- My favorite girlfriend was a French bulldog by Legna Rodriguez Iglesias.
- The voting booth by Brandy Colbert – Review of this is on my bookstagram.
- Aviara by Omniaboh Othuke – Video review on Instagram .
- Kintu by Jennifer Nansubuga Makumbi – Review on Instagram .
- The death of Vivek Oji by Akwaeke Emezi – Review on Instagram .
- Clap when you land by Elizabeth Acevedo.
- The love square by Laura Jane Williams – review on Instagram .
Bookish catch up – August
I went from reading 12 books in July to reading 2 books in August. You know what? It be like that sometimes!
- Night life by S.J. Hartsfield
- Tomorrow died yesterday by Chimeka Garricks – Book of the month of August for my bookclub. My review of this is on Instagram .
Bookish catch up – September
I sorta got my mojo back! Yay! I read 7 books in September.
- The boyfriend project by Farrah Rochon.
- The first woman by Jennifer Nansubuga Makumbi which is set to be released tomorrow.
- Crown Noble by Bianca Phipps.
- Before I saw you by Emily Houghton.
- On Ajayi Crowther street by Elnathan John ( Book of the month of September)
- You had me at hola by Alexis Daria.
- Dark places by Gillian Flynn.
I won a giveaway!!!
I participated in a Literandra giveaway. With the number of entries, I was almost sure I wasn’t going to win. I was not only shocked to see I won but also pleased at how fast I got the package delivered. Oh, It definitely happened at the right time because it lifted my spirit for the entire week. Here is a photo of the package.
I got a review copy of Windows by Jesutomisin Ipinmoye. It’s on my list for October.
TBR Pile for the rest of the year.
I have set aside some books to read before the year ends. Hopefully, life doesn’t get too crazy. I am a mood reader so I will still be reading books outside this pile.
Now that we’re all caught up with the bookish content, let me know what books you’ve been reading since July!