Hello everyone! How are you all doing? Good, I hope! I decided to give y’all some health tips. I am not exactly the most healthy person out here but I know a few things about health. What I need to do is actually take my own advice. It’s hard to be healthy in lagos tbh but here are some tips:
- Drink more water – The body loses fluid primarily by urinating, sweating, shitting, breathing (yes, breathing). It could be more especially for those of us living in hot, humid places. A lot of people don’t consume enough water and then wonder why they’re always tired, cranky with headaches. Water not only gives you a clearer skin, or help you stay hydrated and refreshed, it also helps with your kidney function. So, dear thirsty men and women, drink some water. Quench that thirst!
- Sleep/Rest – Sometimes, we get so busy with life that we forget to sleep/rest properly during the week and then the weekend comes, we feel the need to socialize and the cycle continues till we fall down and die. Jk We won’t die in Jesus name. But try to rest as much as you can. Stress can give your hypertension aka the silent killer. I shall not go into hypertension today but to function properly, you need sleep. Period. We all know this. You don’t need a Doctor to tell you this.
- Eat right. You are what you eat. So you better eat well so you can look good. A lot of us get too busy we forget to eat breakfast. Shame on us! Before I moved back home, I can’t even remember having breakfast. I’m always in such a hurry to leave my house and get to the hospital on time that I forget to eat and by noon I’m already so tired, cranky, irritated and just over the day! Oh! Try to eat your fruits, vegetables and all that good stuff.
- Walk! Do some exercise! Some people think only fat people need to exercise. That is so wrong, it’s not even funny. I mean, you can be skinny like me and have ridiculous amounts of cholesterol (fat) in your body. So don’t be fooled by the outward appearance. Even if it’s to the bus stop, or a little stroll after work. I’m sure if you’re a hustler in Lagos, you’ve probably got this one down!
- Avoid drinking alcohol and smoking. I’m not saying you can’t have a few drinks with your friends. I’m talking Vodka, Bacardi, Rum and the sorts every other day/weekend. Sir/Ma, you are not doing anybody but yourself! You will destroy your body and your mind.
- Now, to the sexually active people here. Try and use condoms abeg. Ladies, if you’re sexually active, you can have condoms in your purses too. I have heard some girls say ‘why should I buy condom? Abeg, that’s the duty of the guy’ Um aunty, your health is your responsibility. Don’t put it in guy’s hand because it’s his ‘duty’. To be honest, the best thing is to abstain from sex sha. Stop fornicating yall!
I’m tired of typing and i’ve got books to read so i’ll stop here. Maybe, I’ll continue another day. I hope you all enjoyed reading these tips. I know, I know! I’ll take my own advice too. Thank you!
(P.S – I AM STILL VERY JOBLESS! IF YOU KNOW SOMEBODY THAT KNOWS SOMEBODY, PLEASE HELP!)
2 thoughts on “Health tips from a jobless Doctor.”
Madam, i love your blog oo. quite different, entertaining and refreshing. love your hair too! write something about it. *kisses
Yay! Thank you! 🙂 I will. :*