Hey friends! I don’t know what is up with 2020 but it seems like we’ll wake up tomorrow and the year will be over. I am a hundred percent ready for that to happen tho. It’s been so overwhelming. May has especially been a heavy month! Like whew! What a month!
So, we’re starting the monthly wrap-ups on the blog where we share interesting things we see/read/watch on the internet.
Let’s get started. Shall we?
- We all know most countries have started easing lockdown and it seems like life is about to return to normal but I watched a video on BBC on how the super-rich spent lockdown. All i can say is, Money is good.
- I reckon the most popular word on social media is toxic and notice how people rarely call themselves toxic? It’s always the other person. Anyway, here’s an insightful article on 10 ways to tell if you’re toxic.
- If you’re like me, you definitely also struggle with writing. I found this really helpful. 28 ideas to cement your writing habit
- I was scrolling on twitter and one of my followers shared a link on how Apple has been listening to recordings from apple device owners everyday and I was so creeped out. Will I stop buying iPhones tho? Hmm God save us.
- It’s sad how unsafe women feel even in their homes. We are so paranoid and it’s really scary how this is now the norm. I read this article on the secret horror stories of Nigerian women living alone.
- This will be very helpful especially for anyone struggling with finding his/her ‘purpose’ or has this question constantly ringing in their head – what the fuck should i do with my life?
- The is the wildest story you’ll read. I shit you not. It’s a little long but totally worth the read. The confessions of Marcus Hitchins, the hacker who saved the internet.
- I stumbled on this website when Jessica tweeted about a letter she wrote to her future self. I found it really cool. Of course, I wrote one to myself immediately. Write a letter to your future self.
- A lot has been happening in the world lately. It’s been exhausting for us all and we are all angry. From Ahmaud Arbery’s murder to Amy Cooper’s blatant display of racism to George Floyd’s murder by the Minneapolis police officer to the protests happening. It’s really a lot. As much as i try to protect my mental health, I’ve found myself watching a lot of videos and reading statements about everything going on. One that struck me and just had me amazed was Trevor Noah’s breakdown of the situation on the daily show.
- Titi wrapped up her journey to Canadian permanent residence posts on the blog. It’s been an interesting series and she has more to come so stay tuned.
- I listened to a very powerful chat yesterday and I was honestly so moved. It’s so important that race be discussed openly in churches. I am so thankful for Steven Furtick and the elevation church for doing this. Listen to the chat here.
That’ll be all for now guys! Let us know if you want us to actually make this monthly wrap-up a thing. Happy reading/watching!
Oh and happy new month! I hope June is a better month for us all. Lord knows we need a breakthrough.