Hey guys! How’s it going? I’ve been feeling down recently. Like everything is just weird. I’m tired. This is like a rant. Lowkey. Sorry. Lifestyle blog right? Not everytime outfit and gist, sometimes real life struggles.
So I’m literally still waiting to get called. I feel like if I don’t start working soon, I might lose my mind. I’m always home, in my room watching tv shows & movies. I would say I’m depressed lowkey but I reject it in my life in Jesus name abeg!
One would think that with the population of. nigeria, there will always be need for a doctor! First of all, if you’re planning to study Medicine or are already studying medicine and plan to work in Nigeria at some point in your life. Please think well ehn and have a plan!
- It’s a struggle to get into Med School here in Nigeria.
- When you finally get into Med School, they’re trying to frustrate your life and graduating is hectic.
- You finally graduate! Yay? Let’s say you’re a foreign trained Doctor like me. You have to write one exam here in Nigeria you know, just incase your degree is fake and shit. :/
- You finally pass the exam! Wonderful stuff eh? It’s a struggle to get a job. Every hospital have their own exam and interviews. So just imagine the amount of exams you have to write. Oh btw, they give you two years to get a spot for internship and finish it. If you don’t get a job within two years, (You’re proabably thinking ah ahn. How possible is that? Well, you’ll be shocked by the amount of jobless Doctors in this Country) you get an extra year to look for job. If you still don’t get a job (They’ve probably submitted your name in the village at this point because….) you have to write the exam again. :S Like oh we know you passed before but then the fact that you can’t get a job in three years probably means you’re just stupid or greedy because there’s a thing called Supra – Which I think is a smelling idea. (Where you work for free and they treat you like you’re getting paid)
- Let’s say you’re lucky and you get a job. Yay? You still have to deal with Consultants that can just decide to prolong that one year for you. You probably will start looking like struggle in a couple of months from the work. I’ve heard weight loss stories because of housejob.
- Ok you’re finally done with Internship. Great stuff! You now have to serve our great nation Nigeria for a year. (If you’ve done this already. Lucky you!) Then there’s a chance you go from earning 170k naira to like less than 100k. (Don’t bother converting that to dollars. Ko worth e)
- You’re finally done with NYSC. By this time you’re probably like 30 years old or not sha. Shalla to the young Doctors out there! Now it’s time to marry! Jk. But now you have more exams to write to start residency. :/
- Now you pray that you get a spot for residency.
Let me stop here because I feel like a bunch of you are probably already like Nah. Not for me. I mean, I don’t have regrets but If somehow I’m able to turn back the hands of time, Medicine wouldn’t be my first choice. Tbh. I love it tho! If your dad or mom is a Doctor it’ll be easier for you!
Moral of this rant is you can get through it. All you need is ‘support’. It’s always amazing to have good friends ready to support and encourage you. I was on twitter recently and I saw this picture Nina Dobrev posted. I thought I should share with you wonderful people!
(P.S- I’m really grateful for the readers of this blog. Thank you all so much for stopping by and reading posts like this! Feel free to comment and share your thoughts because I see y’all but You people won’t comment and let me know whats up! Fix up!)
Are you currently going through something similar? Let me know how you’re dealing with it.