Hey lovely people! Happy International Women’s Day to all our female readers. We see you, we appreciate you and we love you!
To celebrate the day, we decided to share and talk about women that inspire us. We had to stick to 10 or else we’ll be here all day.
In no particular order,
- Serena Williams. I don’t need to list all her achievements because if you don’t know her then i can’t really help your situation. Serena is a strong and beautiful mama! On and out of the tennis court, she’s a queen! Also, let’s not forget she also helped organize Meghan Markle’s baby shower. We stan a good friend!
- TheUfuoma Her passion for traveling the world and sharing life saving tips is what put Jessica on our list. She’s dedicated, passionate, consistent and amazing. Her blog is colorful and full of life! She shares stories of her travels and makes her readers feel like they are right there with her.
- Amy Purdy is a three times paralympic snowboard medalist, NY time bestseller, actress, model and so much more. At the age of 19 she had a bilateral below the knee amputation and that did not stop her. She moved past it. It did not become a limitation. She is soaring high like nothing ever happened to her. Feel free to listen to her TED Talk here when you can.
- Clementine Affana is not only a Medical Doctor, she is a travel blogger and a really good one at that. Her passion for travel and discovering new places is palpable. She has a sweet soul and it radiates through her pictures! She is working hard to be a Neurosurgeon and has interned in reputable hospitals and organisations. She knows what she wants and nothing stops her from going for it. We stan a focused woman!
- Tahereh Mafi is one of our favorite authors. We only discovered her late last year. She is an Iranian American writer who is known for writing young adult fiction novels. She’s fairly new in the game but i’m so inspired by her work ethics! She inspires me to write!
- Tiese. We remember the first time we visited her blog. We absolutely loved it. We’d never seen a blog like hers. Yes, there are lots of travel blogs but Tiiese tells her stories differently. It was like we were reading a book. She writes beautifully! We later found out she’s a book lover and we’ve connected through books. We found out about her day job on Kacheetee’s blog and we were like ‘can she be any cooler?’
- Kacheetee. We found her blog through twitter and we’ve loved it ever since. Kachee’s blog is filled with vital informations and stories. You can’t visit her blog and leave uninspired. She is dedicated and has been consistent since we started following her blog. She inspires us to do better, be better and keep going.
- Dr. Stella Ameyo Adadevoh. This would’ve been a silly list if we did not include the late Dr. She crosses our minds every now and then and we just can’t fully express how inspiring she was. Words fail us. Working as a Doctor in Nigeria isn’t amazing. This is from experience. She saw the first ebola patient and she quarantined him, made contact with the authorities, and ensured the provision of protective materials to the hospital staff. She saved a lot of lives and ended up losing hers. We are so inspired. We sometimes imagine the mess Nigeria would’ve been in if she hadn’t stopped the first Ebola patient from traveling to Calabar.
- Alessandra is a book and lifestyle blogger over at http://literandra.com/
We connected through Instagram. She is a PhD student in the UK and i can imagine how busy and stressful that is but she still finds time to be supportive and consistent. I love that she is a feminist. You can read some of her powerful posts on her blog.
- Last but definitely not the least is our Sister Dr. Gbemisola. Yes, she is also a medical Doctor. She is one of the strongest women we know. She never dwells on setbacks or disappointments. We have been through so much together and she remains one of the most positive people around us. She is also an amazing mother. She inspires us.
These women have inspired us and we specially wish them a happy international women’s day.
I hope every woman reading this is having a wonderful day!
Sorry guys not today.