Happy Sunday guys!! Two weeks and a couple of days left in 2015!! Omg! We are so thankful for everything. What are you thankful for? (Let us know in the comments section). I hope y’all went to church or at least prayed at home. We were going to do a style post today on what we wore to church but somehow the ‘fleekfulness’ decided not to show in the pictures. So we decided to get back to the challenge.. Day 19 – What is your favorite movie?
My favourite movie is ‘Blood sisters’ a Nollywood movie. Lol! Just kidding but I think it’s a good movie. I remember when I always wanted to watch any movie with Genevieve Nnaji in it. To be honest, I really don’t think I have a favourite movie. ‘The fault in Our Stars’ is one amazing movie I don’t think I’ll ever forget. I don’t usually cry when I watch movies/tv shows because I know they’re acting but this movie made me cry. I loved it and I was happy because I love John Green and his books. Amazing actors, good story, and the sad twist (I legit thought she would die and not him)! I LOVE IT!
One of my favourite movies has got to be ‘Pursuit of Happiness’. They just don’t make many this good. I cried, laughed, cheered and applauded. Amazing movie!
Let us know what your favourite movie is in the comments section below!! 🙂
(PICTURE TAKEN FROM GOOGLE IMAGES)
Hello people! How are y’all doing? Last night/this morning was amazing. We went for the eXperience 10 and it was absolutely amazing! The performances were awesome. The singing, dancing, shouting, rejoicing, everything was just on point. We are so glad and thankful we were able to attend the best concert ever in Lagos. I (Tosin) couldn’t take a lot of pictures but took enough to show you what it was like! I (Tosin) didn’t charge my camera battery and I’m still getting familiar with using the camera at night. Anyway, day 18 – Post a picture of yourself. How is this a challenge?
Hey guys! How’s it going? We were going to make a post specially for our Christmas wishlists but then we realized how far behind we are with the challenge. So back to the blogging challenge it is! We will definitely still be posting our wishlists sha before Christmas. Anyway, day 17 – Your favorite blogs. We’re doing this one together.
In no particular order;
- Alittlebitoflacquer – She is inspiring! Doctor and Mama of two!
- Africanism Cosmopolitan
- Ihunda’s musings
- I Am Brownie
- Cassie Daves
Feel free to tell us your favorite blogs in the comments section!!
Hello lovely people! Happy Sunday! We hope everyone is doing okay! We are sorry for not doing this challenge thing everyday. It’s honestly not as easy as it seems. Anyway, today we are sharing our thoughts on education.
According to Wikipedia, ‘Education is the process of facilitating learning. Knowledge, skills, values, beliefs, and habits of a group of people are transferred to other people, through storytelling, discussion, teaching, training, or research.’ Like Nelson Mandela said, “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” I think Education is extremely important. As much as it’s easy to just say ‘Oh you don’t have to go to school to make it in life’ (which I agree with btw), it is also easier to say without education, your chances of being heard, listened to, respected (sadly) is quite low. I believe every child should get the opportunity to be educated and it shouldn’t be something so hard to get. I think a lot of people don’t know that learning a trade (apprenticeship) is a form of education.
Oh and education does not equal common sense. I’ve heard some educated people talk and i’m just like
What i’m sha saying is that you can be educated and be very ignorant but for your own sake and your Children’s sake get educated!
Also, I think our nation can actually do better than we presently have. I think our secondary schools need to focus more on talent building than the regular natural subjects I feel more attention should be paid to developing individual skills than random, usual subjects. Our universities need to be more practical than theoretical.
Hey y’all! How is everyone doing? Who’s shopping this Black Friday? What are you going to buy? Well, I’m going to try to get my camera on Konga tomorrow. Let’s hope they’re actually doing 80% off or at least 50%. If not, then Amazon it is! Anyway, today is day 15 – Where will you be in 5 years?
Oh boy! I am actually excited to answer this question. Where will I be in 5 years? Hmm. Well by God’s grace, I will probably be doing my residency (Probably my second year as a Resident Doctor). I’m considering the fact that I still have to do internship/housejob for one year, then NYSC for another year. For those of you that are not familiar with Doctor terms, Residency is pretty much specialization. I will most likely have a side business because that’s the way to go o! I will be 29 years old. I will probably be married & pregnant or about to get married. Considering the fact that I’m single to stupor now, this one is going to be a prayer point. LOL! I am very excited about the future tbh. I pray all my dreams, hopes and wishes come true!
Where will I be in five years? Sounds like an interview question where you have to sound like you’re smart and not bragging at the same time…. ‘To be able to add value to the organization.. bla bla!
Oh well, where will I really be? Can’t be too sure but here’s where I (with God’s leading of course) desire to be. In five years, I definitely don’t want to be working for anybody. I want to have my own thing going for me. I want to have my cute little family too. Can’t wait to have babies, lol I want three! Ok Focus TITI!
I want to look back at myself and be like wow, I grew spiritually (closer to God) financially (fat bank account), academically (finished all my professional exams), socially (my relationships in general with my family and friends) and physically (Hotter). LOL Just a way better version of myself than I am now. So help me God. Amen.
Hello all! I hope you all are doing great! Today we are talking about 3 healthy habits. It’s so sad that this was lowkey hard to list. I just couldn’t think of the third habit.
Anyway, here goes my list!
1. I eat at least one fruit everyday. Shoutout to my dad for this. My house is always filled with all sorts of fruits from bananas to watermelon to mangoes. My dad has hypertension and I must say, he’s a good patient!
2. I drink water everyday. Lol I’m sure you were like ‘ Who doesn’t tho?’ I don’t think I drink enough tho but I try to drink at least 2L/day.
3. I take naps everyday. Yea, this is healthy! It’s always good to rest and relax your brain. I am a napaholic as my twitter handle says. I don’t mess around with my naps yo!
Three healthy habits.
The thing about it is, these days, we can’t exactly tell what qualifies as “healthy” but anyhow, here are some habits I consider close to healthy:
1. I drink a lot of water. and according to medical experts, that’s pretty healthy.
2. I sometimes eat fruits, like I actually sometimes buy fruits and eat. Probably not as often as required but if an apple a day can keep the doctor away, then I’ve done well keeping him far awayyy. (side-bar: if it’s not consistent, can I call it a habit?)
3. I’ve reduced my soda consumption
Whoop! I did it. I am healthy.
Happy Sunday wonderful people! We sadly did not go to church today. Titi came home for the weekend and she left earlier today. I didn’t go because I have a thing called dysmenorrhea (extremely painful period). Not only is it too much information, It’s an excuse, I know. Tbh, I am really tired of the whole thing and a lot of people don’t get it. They always think I’m overreacting but those that know, KNOW. Today is day 13 – What’s in your fridge?
I live at home and obviously the fridge belongs to everyone. Brb, I have to go downstairs, open the fridge and make a list.
- Salad cream
- Some random powdery stuff inside different bottles. (My mom is responsible for this)
- Biscuits/ Cookies
- Random liquid stuff in different bottles. I have no idea what they are.
I just realized I don’t really know half the stuff in my fridge.
It’s a really weird time to take a trip to my fridge and this is because the past days have been full on stressful. Anyway, that’s why it’s a challenge right?
Let’s also bear in mind the fact that I’ve not gone shopping in a while. If we were doing this after pay day, the story would definitely be different. Anyway, here is the list of items in my fridge:
- Cans of Orijin
- Non alcoholic wine
Hello everyone! It’s Saturday already! No, seriously! This year is going to be over next week or something at this rate. Anyway, today is day 12 and we are talking about our favorite childhood book.
We were raised in a Christian home. My dad was a Pastor and we were in church almost every day of the week. I attended Mayflower junior school in Ogun State. When you’re in boarding school, you’re trying to do everything but actually read books. I can’t even remember having free time then. When we returned home for holidays, we would get so busy trying to have fun before going back to the struggle life called boarding school. I honestly don’t remember reading a lot when I was younger. I mean, I read school books sha. My favorite book then was ‘My Book of Bible Stories’. This book made the stories in the bible so interesting and intriguing. (PICTURE WAS GOTTEN FROM THIS SITE)
I really don’t have much memory of the books I read growing up. I read a lot of Mills and boons in high school. Romance and fiction. One major book that stood out for me as a child was ‘ My Book of Bible Stories’.
Hello! How una dey? Today has been great so far. The only thing I don’t understand is the heat in Lagos. I’m not even overreacting or anything but damn! I got like 10 shades darker! Today, we are talking about our top 10 favorite food.
Food! I think I’m in love with the idea of food than food itself, if that makes sense. So basically, I see images of well served food and I go ‘YUM!’; put the same plate before me and I might likely struggle to finish it. But anyway, here goes my ten favorite foods in no particular order.
- Chinese food. I can never get tired of my special fried rice and chicken in hot chilli sauce. Yum!
- Spicy noodles. OMG!!! When cooked properly with vegetables, diced pepper and served with a cold bottle of coke. Say no more.
- White rice, plantain and stew. Best for Sunday afternoon.
- English breakfast, potatoes, bacon, baked beans, eggs, sausages. Lol. I’ll have this every morning.
- Pizza. Yes, Pizza. With extra cheese and pepperoni.
- Amala, ewedu and gbegiri. I don’t eat this often out of respect and love for the food. Oh I forgot to add ‘inu eran’. Yoruba dishes are amazing and it will be hard to explain properly. Just gotta taste it to understand this.
- Hot dog. Lol Give me hot dog and I will marry you. (Not sexual)
- Ice Cream. Excuse me, you don’t think ice cream is food? please DPMO.
- Salad, served alone or with rice. I don’t care. Salad is bae and healthy.
- Eba. Hot eba with okro soup. Yum! Another Sunday afternoon, after church special.
I love food and I am super grateful for good genes. I would’ve been dealing with obesity by now with the things I eat! My appetite is usually all over the place. One day, I’m eating 6 times. The next day, I’m eating once. I love food so much I created a Food blog on tumblr like 4 years ago. WARNING!!! (Don’t check it out if you’re hungry!!!!!) Anyway, my 10 favorite foods in no particular order.
- Garri, very cold water, sugar and groundnut. Oh lord. Best thing ever when you get back home after a hot day in Lagos!
- Pounded yam + Egusi/Efo elegusi (aka egusi + vegetable) with all sorts of meat. (This my favorite soup to cook. So easy and delicious)
- Cheese burger! McDonald’s cheese burger is bae.
- Ofada rice and stew. I’m getting hungry already. Yum!
- Spaghetti and meatballs.
Jollof rice. Party jollof rice + fried beef + cold coke/Fanta.
- Fried yam/ Roasted breadfruit + Ata dindin. Living in the Caribbean made me discover/fall in love with bread fruit.
- Good ole peanut butter and jelly sandwich. There was a time in my life when I had this for breakfast everyday for like a month.
- Chinese food. I always used to get White rice with black bean sauce. I have trust issues when it comes to Chinese food so I get the same thing all the time. I need try other things on the menu!
- Hot akara and Agege bread. Perfect Saturday morning food.
If you’ve not tried these foods then I’m sorry to break it to you but you need to step your food game up!